The topic of "Vaseline" isn't usually talked about on a fashion or beauty blog. This is simply because people don't realise it has many uses in the world of beauty! Once you're done reading this blog, though, I guarantee, you will see "Vaseline" in a whole new light! ;)
Vaseline is often mistaken for being just an ointment or a lubricant, however this isn't the case! Not only is it good for "healing" but it also has many other uses too! Today I will talk about these uses, but first I am very enthusiastic about getting one thing straight...
Vaseline includes one ingredient, and that is petrolatum, or (petroleum jelly). This explains why some people will call it "Vaseline" and others call it "petroleum jelly." Due to the fact that it only contains this one ingredient, the product will be the same wherever you purchase it from- So it doesn't matter whether you purchase the
or the less well-known brand.
Now that's been said, I can begin listing all the uses it has, (and hopefully you will understand that I'm not going crazy, but Vaseline is genuinely a great product with lots of uses) ;)
1. If you apply a coat on your eyelashes, (before you go to bed) it will make your lashes grow longer and thicker over time... Lots of people claim that this has worked for them!
2. There is no need to buy expensive creams which say they "soften your feet" anymore... you can put a coat of Vaseline on your feet at night, cover them with socks and then wake up to softer feet!
3. Although cuticle creams and oils are a must, Vaseline works as well! Put some on when your cuticles are feeling dry and *tahdah*, you will have softer and better looking cuticles!
4. Apply some on chapped lips... (especially good in Winter)!
5. We can't all afford expensive, lip products, but Vaseline make a great lip gloss, (and it's super inexpensive too)! :-)
6. We have all invested in that pricey perfume which loses it's smell straight away... If you put some Vaseline on your wrists, your perfume will maintain its scent for longer!
7. For all people with acne out there... Vaseline can be used as a moisturizer! (It's a misconception that it clogs pores)!
8. For all you lipstick lovers out there... You can put some Vaseline onto your teeth to prevent lipstick sticking on them!
9. After a hard days work... MASSAGE time!
10. Surprisingly, Vaseline is a great makeup remover!
11. Earing interstation can really hurt! Vaseline lubricates ear lobes and helps to make wearing earrings easy and painless!
12. Cara Delevingne is gorgeous, she really is... but eyebrows like that, don't suit all of us... Vaseline tames those unruly brows!
13. It can protect against harmful hair dyeing, perming and straightening chemicals, if you use it as a hair mask around the hairline!
14. Why pay money to get your bags and shoes shiny again when you can use a tiny dab of Vaseline which will add a shine to your shoes and bags!
15. There's no point in getting a choppy hair cut which is permanent and may not be your thing when you can try it at home by smearing a tiny bit of Vaseline on your hands and then scrunching it through your hair for "the choppy look"!
16. When we are in that panic mode because we have a makeup stain on our clothes, you can actually use some Vaseline to remove the stain!
17. I'm certain we all have that nail polish which we LOVE, (it's a gorgeous colour and everything), but sadly we cant open the darn bottle! If you rub some Vaseline on the neck of your nail polish bottles they won’t stick to the cap!
18. When your manicure gets old, rub a small dab over the polish!
19. You can use Vaseline to remove fake eyelash glue from your lash line!
20. If you hate uneven tanning, then it's usually good idea to apply a small amount of Vaseline on dry spots on your body!
You can purchase Vaseline from ANY drugstore!