September 07, 2013

L'OREAL MYTHIC OIL

Before I begin reviewing L'Oreal's Mythic Oil, I want to introduce you to Hair Silicones. Silicones currently have a very bad reputation. They are classed as being very harmful, damaging and unbeneficial to your hair. If you use them on a very regular basis, then all of those points are true. If you use them sensibly on your hair, then they're not so damaging! Hair products usually contain a high quantity of silicones in their ingredients. Silicones make your hair feel very silky and smooth for a short while, but in the long run can potentially be very damaging for your hair. Lots of people already know this, and try avoiding products with silicones in them, but what they don't usually realise is that it won't say "silicones" in the ingredients, it would just say the chemical used, (which is also known as a silicone). I want to also add that most hair products do contain silicones in them. I'm not saying stop using silicones products all together, just reduce the amount of silicones you use. The most common silicones used in hair products, are the following, so look out for them on the ingredients: Cetearyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol,
 Stearyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, 
Trideceth-12, Dimethicone Copolyo,  Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl, Polysiloxane, Lauryl Methicone Copolyol.


The reason I added that passage before doing my review is because L'Oreal's Mythic Oil do contain some silicones, too. It contains: Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethiconol. Despite this, Mythic Oil is a great product for nourishing and hydrating your hair as a part of a deep treatment. It contains avocado and grape seed oil, and is perfect for all hair types. You simply dispense 1-2 pumps of the oil, and apply it to the tips of your hair. When researching into the product I also heard that it's a great way to prevent split ends. Other hair oil products like Argan Oil and Moroccan Oil are more popular than the Mythic Oil, due to the fact that they're are well advertised. When reading honest reviews, though many prefer the Mythic Oil to the more popular choices. In addition to this, Mythic Oil is a slightly cheaper option. It also has a very nice scent to it as it contains a small amount of fragrance. Because of the silicones, it leaves your hair feeling extremely soft and silky, which is good (in moderation). It's a fairly small product being at 125ml | 4.2 fl.oz. but overall is a nice luxury product.
 
I bought this product for £14 from Boots. I think they have discontinued it though, so you buy it from here:
 
Other Hair Oils-

Moroccan Oil:
 http://www.amazon.co.uk/MoroccanOil-Treatment-Hair-Types-100ml/dp/B001AO0WCG

Argan Oil:
http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-care/elvive-extraordinary-oils.aspx?gclid=CLWJm9PaubkCFQ_LtAodWioAWA

Macadamia Oil:
http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-care/elvive-extraordinary-oils.aspx?gclid=CLWJm9PaubkCFQ_LtAodWioAWA

LL.

6 comments:

  1. I've always been very curious about this range, but I am currently very loyal to Macadamia products - I have to step out of my hair rut though, I'll be trying this in the near future for sure :)

    Nicola:
    CurlandPearls | Bloglovin’
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I'm interested in trying this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a really good product, might have to try it! Great article on silicones though, I never would have thought they were in all of the products I use in my hair and that using them can be harmful! Explains a lot with the state my hair is in at the moment!

    Jade / jadicusxo.blogspot.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I m really like to know that is that Argan oil is truly beneficial for our health as like skin, hair, face and what not. Your article helps me to widen my positive thoughts about benefits of Argan oil. If you want to know more, visit us at Organic Argan Oil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Everybody I really found the information quite interesting and let me introduce myself.
    We are Gayatri Dyes & Chemicals leaders in providing raw materials and colours for Rubber industry and Plastic .
    We provide Silicon Oils used in making silicone oil importers in delhi , dye releaser , polishes and many other industries.
    We can help you to make the products from better to best.

    ReplyDelete