January 16, 2014

NOTD & A THANK YOU MESSAGE

15/01/2014 was the day where I reached a whopping 200 followers- 100 on Bloglovin and 100 on GFC, they just shot up! I am so, unbelievably thankful for this, because although it may not seem like a lot to you, it means the world to me. In all honesty, I thought that my blog would last 2 or 3 posts, and then I'd give up & delete it. But no! This is my 16th blog post, and I'm definitely not stopping yet! My blog is growing & growing, and I can't wait to reach 300 followers. I want to thank all of you wonderful people for taking the time out to: leave a comment; follow; or just look at my page. I hope 2014 brings all of you, and 'Luscious Lane' a lot more success & plenty opportunities.

So, thank you so, so, so much!

NOTD- Nail Of The Day.

After allowing my nails to breathe for a week, I decided that I wanted to do a funky design. So, I did exactly this! I created a really simple design, which is still very eye- catching, & is guaranteed to get lots of attention. In fact, I've had so many people ask me if they've been professionally done or if they're nail foils etc. The answer would be no. I have done this design alllll on my own! However, the pictures aren't the best quality, and are taken of my right hand, which is obviously much more messy than my left. (I'm pretty sure everyone has this issue). But, you need to know that they don't need to be perfect in any way, shape or form! People will only see them from afar, and when you are distant they look perfectly done anyway!


1) I used a base coat to help protect my natural nail.
 
2) I applied my first coat. I used a nail polished by 'Sinful Colours', a really cheap (£1.99) but gorgeous nail polish brand, & I used the shade '27/7'. I will do a full nail polish review on them soon! http://www.sinfulcolors.co.uk/products
 
3) I applied the second coat.

4) I then used a dotting tool to add big black and white dots. If you don't own one of these, then there's no problem. I will also be doing a DIY dotting tool post, too! However, they are easily purchasable online, and are very affordable as well!

5) I added a top coat.

It was as simple as that- honestly!

If you decide to do this design then please let me know, via the comments, twitter or instagram! I'd be so flattered!

I hope you liked this quick post, let me know if you would like to see more NOTD posts!

LL.

8 comments:

  1. This looks so cute! Love the pink shade it's gorgeous :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this nail look, super cute and simple Im such a polish addict!
    Kelsey xx
    http://vanityisclarity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these nails!! check out my site for nail art x x polishedcouture.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute nails. Thank you for leaving your link on twitter.
    I'm following you now.

    Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute nails, I love them! i wish I could do mine like that...but alas I am far too impatient!

    Kassie - www.styledevoured.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab nail art! I'm too impatient unfortunately haha!

    Shelley x
    www.shelley-hearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this nail look - I have no patience with mine. I'm lucky if I can sit long enough for my nails to dry never mind doing patterns on them ha
    Laura x
    Lookatmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I love your nail posts, might try a few of them out, although they won't look half as nice on my chewed nails. Just followed you :) xx

    ReplyDelete