February 28, 2014

HELLO, CHELSEA...

As many of you are probably aware, I have the tiniest obsession with reality TV shows: from TOWIE to Take Me Out. At the moment, however, I have to admit that I'm absolutely loving Made In Chelsea. I know that people either love or hate reality shows, for me personally, well, I obviously lurveeee them! Anyway, during the holidays I got to stay there for a night. I would have loved to stay longer, obviously, but we've had a very busy week and so needed to come back home and catch up on some well-earned rest!
 
For those of you who don't know anything about Chelsea, it's situated in the west of  London, and is stereotypically considered to be one of the most 'posh', 'wealthy' areas in England, (bit of general knowledge for you there). Although the fam' and I, go to London quite frequently, this is the first time I've ever blogged about it, so enjoy, I guess...!
 
When we arrived, it was quite apparent that the 'Chelsea football match' was on. Chelsea F.C. in particular play in the Premier League and are in the top tier of English football, so as you can imagine, it was very busy! 
 
The hotel we chose to stay in was lovely and very convenient being located fairly near to a tube station. We got a two-day tube ticket, allowing us to have access to the whole of the London/ Chelsea area's. The first thing we did though, was drink our tea that we had shoved in out bags for the journey and eat some truffles and that we picked up along the way- yum.
 
Straight after we dumped our bags, we rushed out to catch our first tube of the day... We went on an 'Overground'. Yes, an overground. Not underground. Overground. Despite how many times I've travelled on the tubes, I've only ever been on (and heard of for that matter) undergrounds. So that was a nice surprise. Haha! You're never too old to learn something new, no matter how stupid and obvious it may be... ;)

The first place we went to was Bond Street/ Oxford Street, obviously. I needed to go to Selfridges. Every girl needs to go to Selfridges. So we chilled there for a while, and then frantically cruised the remaining shops in attempt to see as many of them as we could.
 
After that, we travelled to the wonderful 'Covent Garden'. This is an amazing attraction for everyone to visit! It's well known for it's performers who stand there and do something really weird but fascinating from singers to magicians, from people who sit on air to people who just never move!



Although the weather was absolutely gorgeous on this day, (which is a serious shock to the system for people who live in England) we decided to go inside the 'Apple Market'. There was a cute orchestra/jazzy  band playing, which was nice. And we saw some super cut shops: bakers; caf├ęs; and even a little macaroon shop- are you serious!?

 
We ended up eating at Pret A Manger, and as I wanted something cold, I got a 'Hibiscus' drink and a simple salad. I'm not going to lie, the drink basically just tasted like water with a hint of flavour, however the salad (£4.25) on the other hand tasted like angels, haha. It doesn't look very appetising on the image (bottom left), but trust me, it was!
  
 
After all of this, we made grabbed a Costa Coffee and went up to the hotel room, (back in time to watch 'Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway'... Yesss!) In the evening, we were ready to go out for a meal, there was only one problem- we didn't know where we were going. HAHAHA! Our monthly internet allowance had been used up and so we couldn't search anything! It's shocking how much you rely on a bit of 3G! So, we managed to get a wifi connection (eventually), and
being a big fan of Jamie Laing (Made In Chelsea star) I headed straight over to his 'Candy Kitten' page, where I could see their favourite Chelsea Hangouts on Kings Rd. You can see for yourself what they'd recommend- the ones that we felt best suited us were: 'The Big Easy' and 'Byron'. Firstly, we went into 'The Big Easy' which was absolutely packed. It had a lovely, warm and inviting ambience which was very enticing, however the waiting time was around 2 hours and ain't nobody got time for 'dat! So we then made our way over to 'Byron' which was still very busy, but was larger than the original restaurant and could therefore cater for a lot more people... Before assuming this would be the best place to eat, we were told that 'Pizza Express' or other restaurants of Fulham Rd (the next street) may also be suitable for a family. We're not big pizza fans so we didn't even contemplate going to 'Pizza Express', however we did begin walking to Fulham Rd, but decided to go back to Byron's before just before we got there.
 
Byron is a burger restaurant, but I'm not talking your normal Mc Donald's cheese burger, I'm talking a 'Chelsea burger'... There's a great difference, haha! I didn't take any pictures of my main meal, unfortunately (as it was very busy and I didn't want to make myself look silly, taking pictures of my food) but I ordered the 'veggie option' which consisted of Grilled Portobello mushroom, roasted red pepper, goat's cheese, baby spinach, tomato, red onion and aioli- what a mouthful, literally. Sides were to be ordered separately, as the meal was literally just a burger. We all agreed on ordering French fries, courgette fries and onion rings as an extra. It was surprisingly very, very, very filling! As we all ordered different burger variations, it was nice to try each others to enjoy the 'full experience'. What was it like? I'm not going to beat around the bush- It was literally the most delicious burger I have ever eaten in my whole entire life. The best. In fact, each and every one of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal, which was shocking, considering there's always one of us who is unhappy with our choice. Then I was brave enough to even order a desert (top right), despite the fact that my stomach was already ready to explode! Overall though, I would 100% recommend eating here, whether you like your burgers or not! Here's the menu.
After a fun-filled yet tiresome day/ night we went back to the hotel, and basically 'crashed out'.
I just feel the need to say the next morning the internet had come back on- (it was a new month). My initial reaction was to log onto Twitter and see what the Made In Chelsea stars had been doing that night... Well, it bugs me to say that the wonderful Rosie Fortescue was eating pizza at Goat Dine (333 Fulham Rd) - the one we went to and then decided against... Oliver Proudlock was just 'chilling in Pizza Express, (just down the end of the road)- where the man recommended we could eat... and Francesca Hull was the Juju bar/ nightclub literally 3 doors down from Byron's... and this was alllllll at the same time that we were eating our meal! Soooooo frustrating! 
 
The next morning, we were greeted with a delicious full English breakfast. Scrumptious. Then we packed our bags, reluctant to say goodbye. We got into our car, revisited Kings Rd for one final time to say our goodbyes (just joking, we had to pass through it to leave Chelsea), and took in the beautiful scenery- whether that be fancy Chelsea apartments or cute double decker's. To finish what was a wonderful weekend, we cruised around London, looking at the wonderful views of the London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and so on.


That's it! I really hope you enjoyed this post, I loved creating it... Let me know what you think on Twitter, Instagram or in the comments! Thanks for reading...

 


11 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this chick! Which hotel did you stay in? I'm thinking of going to Chelsea/London soon and since you said it was lovely and I trust your opinion, I just wanted to ask. Keep up the good work! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Hollie, you've made my day girly! I will try and track you down on Twitter, and will DM you. Thanks for the beautiful comment, it means the absolute world!

      Rikki <3

      Delete
  2. I love visiting london! I just dont know how people can live there (its so busy and hectic). That must have been so annoying to miss the MIC cast, i sat across from Vicky from Geordie shore in nandos last week and it was pretty underwhelming lol

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your nails in this post! And yum... truffles! My favourite place to visit in London is a Canadian pub near Charing Cross, as well as Harrods for gelato :)

    Hannah | My lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, sounds like you had a lovely time!! And I love your nails too! xx

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photography is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE Made In Chelsea so this post is definitely one of my favourite!!

    xx
    http://chic-andcheap.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a lovely time! Shame you missed the cast like! :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you love it so much. I adore London and I'm so proud to have been born and bought up there my whole life! If you ever need some advice for where to visit, I have a wealth of knowledge so get in touch :)

    Thanks for sending me your link in sunday's #bbloggers chat, you've got a lovely blog and I can't wait to read more! :)

    I'm over at Lots of Love, Me. if you fancy a peek :)

    Vicky xxx

    p.s. it's Covent not Convent Gardeen heehee! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, whoops- little spelling mistake there;)

      Delete
  8. I have never visited Chelsea. I really want to visit other parts of London. I've only been a handful of times, I need to make it more!
    amynmore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete