February 10, 2014

VALENTINES INSPIRED NOTD

Following the success of my previous NOTD designs, I thought I would do a 'Valentines Special!' So, whether a single-pringle or a taken-bacon, what better time to go all girly and pink? Today I'll be showing you how to achieve this easy and cute heart design. yay!

 Firstly remove any old polish so you can start with a clean canvas.
Then add a base coat to help protect your nails (from staining, peeling and all that jazz). Let that dry slightly before moving on to the next step...



Then, add a coat of your desired polish, I chose this gorgeous white colour- (you guys can guess where it's from)... Sinful Colours of course! (The reason my nail polish looks so messy, is because I was taking pictures at the same time, that's some hard shiz)! Prepare your dotting tool for use.. They're easily purchasable online & can be made at home too a DIY will be up in the near-future!


This image shows a step by step guide on how to achieve the heart, but I'll run through it anyway:
1) Draw a dot, so you know roughly where about your heart will be
2) Then draw another dot adjacent (next) to it.
3) Connect these two dots up, using the dotting tool. Draw it so it's connected by a 'V' shape.
4) Enjoy the presence of a wonderful masterpiece! YOU HAVE A HEART!









5) You can then replicate this design as many times as you want. (I did it on all my nails but this is quite time consuming, so you may decide to do it as a accent name)
6) Finish by adding your favourite top coat, I used a matte top-coat to add a matte finish as opposed to a shiny one.


I hope you liked this design! How're you spending Valentines Day?

7 comments:

  1. Simple and cute! The "V" technique is super easy anyone can do it! ♥b

    Brittany's Secret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! They're so cute!

    Tracey
    Saturdaynightgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These nails are so cute and girly, love them!
    I'm holding a giveaway over on my blog, would love for you to check it out http://danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/giveaway-mac-200-bloglovin-subscribers.html
    Daniela xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww these look so cute! I would totally wear this design all year round :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this nail design is amazing! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete