February 18, 2014

THE BEAUTY BLOGGER TAG

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?

I just wanted to pursue a hobby. I've never really kept to anything- whether that be a school club or a new diary... I wanted something to do in my spare time, something I could commit to, and something that I could build on and make bigger and better! I've been blogging for half a year now, and although I'd usually say "time flies" it hasn't... It feels like I've been blogging since forever, and has been a rather slow process...

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?

I hate reading (which is kind of ironic considering I want others to read my posts) but I'm naturally more drawn to blogs with lots of really good photography. I'll admit that I haven't "fallen in love" with anyone's blog yet, but I do love soooo many, and the more I read them, the more I grow to like them. I've only very recently started reading blogs, as I used to only write them. Looking back at it, that kind of sucks considering how much I love discovering new blogs now. My current favourites are included in my 'January Favourites' post, and are listed in my sidebar (although these may be removed in the future) go check 'em out!

What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?

The first hyped-about product I ever brought was the 'Maybelline's Baby Lips', I've done a whole review on it, which you can check out, but to summarise it, I'd probably say- no, it wasn't worth the credit it was given. Don't get me wrong, I do like them and still use them, however I have lip products that I definitely prefer! I don't usually buy products that are hyped about, though... I like to buy and review products that I want to, not ones that I feel 'I have to' because everyone else is doing so :)
 
What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
 
This was a very difficult question indeed. Having to narrow all the amazing perks of being a beauty blogger down to just 5...? Aint nobody got time for dat! (Except for me, by the looks of things)...
 
1.  Positive feedback & other bloggers- An obvious one. But it's true! Every time I receive a new comment, I get the biggest buzz of happiness. It's so reassuring to know that people actually take the time out to leave a comment on a post that you've created. It's great!! I also love talking to other beauty and lifestyle bloggers who are likeminded and share the same interests as me, especially on Twitter.

Quick side note: I want to tell you (very quickly) that my original Twitter account has been "permanently suspended", such a shame considering I made a load of great blogger friends on there. I was really, really, really frustrated by this, it bothered me for weeks! I'd really appreciate it if you could re-follow me on my new Twitter. It would mean a lot to regain those followers that I rightfully deserve!

@LLBeautyBlog

2. Just being a 'Beauty Blogger' & the future- Despite the fact that this sounds like a really stupid point, I can justify myself! Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I really love being a part of a community, (the blogging community). I think it's truly amazing how more advanced bloggers can share their experiences with newer bloggers like myself. I can't wait to see what the future holds with regards to blogging. There are so many possible experiences, I have yet to discover...
 
3.  Treating myself- Not only has blogging forced me to prioritise my workload and take some time out to relax and read or write blog posts, it has also allowed me to keep treating myself all the time, as I need to keep reviewing products and doing tutorials etc... It's such a hassle, y'know- buying beauty products and then, like, using them...*sigh* ;)

4. The satisfaction- I love watching my blog grow bigger and better... It's a very time-consuming and demanding process but it's very satisfying when you see your number of followers and readers gradually increase. It just goes to show that all of this hard work pays off! 
 
5. Being your own brand- Finally, I love the individuality of blogging. It's great how all of our blogs can be so different and original but our thinking style is so similar!

What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger? 
 
Hmm, I don't think I've learnt that much, really. I'm sill the same person I was 6 months ago but have just further developed my blogging skills... I guess I've learnt that there are so many people out there who share the same interests as you (beauty/ lifestyle/ fashion/ blogging), and so many people who have gone through the same, or worse, than you. I get sent a lot of links, many of which are lifestyle posts. They've really opened my eyes. For example, "how I deal with anxiety" posts, it has just gone to show that so many people deal with similar issues... This is getting too deep... So, on a happier note, I've also learnt lots of tips with regards to beauty. I've learnt lots of little things to do with small topics like nail designs and hairstyles etc. I can't list 'em all, otherwise I'll be here allllllll day!

Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger? 

Yes, definitely!
Firstly, my writing style. To be honest, that changes on a daily basis anyway. It really depends on my mood, sometimes I'll be all "cas' and cool and yh gurl" and other days ill be really formal and "prim and proper, by using standard English as opposed to modern day language" crazy right?

Secondly, my camera. Originally, I used the iPhone 3 or 4?? I'm not really sure which one, all I know is that it wasn't the best camera quality!

And finally, my whole page from the layout to the header to even the name of the blog, (it used to be 'Stay Updated Fashion And Beauty'- what a mouthful!?)
 
What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out? 

Be patient. It will take weeks, months and even years for your blog to become popular.

Don't read too many 'advice I would give to a beauty blogger starting out' posts, you'll honestly do best by learning from your own mistakes!

Think of an original, catchy name, and sign up to social networking sites... WITH THAT NAME! Trust me, I learnt the hard way...

Blog: LusciousLane
Instagram: MyLusciousLane
Twitter: LLBeautyBlog

Are you actually kidding me, haha!?

Well, that's it for this post! Sorry for the lack of images, hopefully I will be doing a review soon, as I haven't done one of those in ages! If you have any recommendations then please let me know in the comments (which is now above the post as opposed to below it) or on Twitter/ Instagram! Thank you for reading :)

4 comments:

  1. Great Post! I love reading Tags and seeing what other beauty bloggers come up with!
    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved this tag! It's like a mini bio :)
    www.shemightbeloved.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your answers! :) I really enjoyed reading posts on this tag.

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete