March 07, 2014

LUSH HAUL

Recently, lots of Bloggers and YouTubers have been obsessed with LUSH. I felt like I needed to join in with this ‘hype’ and see what the big deal was all about…

In the past, I’ve liked LUSH, but haven’t loved it. I felt that it was quite overpriced and not really worth it. This may simply be due to the fact that I’ve only ever tried: their Shower Jellies- which I really hated, considering the smelt so darn good, but just slipped right off my skin as opposed to foaming up which I found very frustrating; and their bath bombs, which yes, are fab, but I rarely have a bath, so they were quite pointless for me. I’ve always been quite sceptical about using their makeup, hair and face products for some unknown reason… But after hearing so many good reviews on them, I decided to reconsider it.


 Two weeks ago, I decided to pop in there and treat myself to a product, erm, well, two products actually, and two testers. Whoops.
The first thing I purchased was a facemask. I have been looking for a facemask for a while now, and hadn’t yet decided which one to buy. So I chose to take the plunge and just went for it. I ended up buying the ‘Cupcake’facemask. It was recommended to me a while back, so I decided to do some further research into it. There were mixed reviews on it. I’ll let you establish that for yourself… Before buying it, I was warned that it may make you breakout, but the lady at LUSH explained how she felt this was a good thing, as it’s better that you breakout and get rid of all that ‘junk’ hiding in your skin than it just end up staying there. A lot of bloggers have highlighted this aspect, but many have addressed it as being an issue. Whether you think a facemask making you breakout is a good thing or bad is obviously entirely up to you. I have to admit though, that this facemask has NOT made me breakout, so I want you to know, that that’s not always going to be the case.
 
Now then, this product claims to remove excess oil and calm breakouts- don’t you find it ironic how it has been proved to do the opposite? Haha. It contains very natural and beneficial ingredients, which all have different properties and purposes. You can see them here.
 
The first time I applied it to my face, it was completely different to how I originally anticipated it would be. It must be kept in the fridge, so was obviously quite cold. All facemasks I’ve ever tried have a creamy texture; however this one was more of a paste. I did actually like this feel, it was different but in a good way. It has quite a gritty feel to it, but again, I really like this. It makes it feel exfoliating whilst being moisturising and cleansing too! It smells divine. It’s like mint chocolate, yummy! The problem is that I kind of want to eat it, but you can’t… When washed off, my skin was left feeling clear, refreshed and most definitely clean! So far, so good.

With regards to the removal of makeup, I’m reaallllyyy lazy. So, I was on the hunt for something that requires little effort and that can just be easily incorporated into my facial routine. When explaining this to the women working there, she advised investing in ‘Ultrabland’. It’s especially good for taking off waterproof makeup, because of its beeswax formula. It’s fully capable of balancing the skin whilst thoroughly cleansing, as well. On the directions, it suggests applying ‘a generous amount’ however I think you can get away with applying a thin layer and still effectively removes the makeup.
 
It’s unscented which some people find a ‘great shame’, but for me, it makes it all the more natural. To explain the smell perfectly with two words, I’d say it smells like an ‘unscented candle’. Although I’m very impressed with the results (it does remove the makeup very efficiently), id recommend being careful around the eye area, as it easily gets into your eyes and makes your vision temporarily blurry- as, after all, it is wax.  On a brighter note, it’s suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. It also left my skin feeling silky smooth!
It recommends using a cotton pad to remove the wax. I personally much prefer using a damp flannel. Otherwise the cotton pad sticks to my eyes and makes it feel more sticky, greasy and agitated.
 
I also managed to bag myself two testers: Rub, Rub, Rub and the Mask of Magnaminty….
Rub, Rub, Rub is designed to be a shower scrub however it can be used on the body and hair. Such a funky combination. I’ve always been a bit doubtful about using multi-purpose products, but I can assure you, that this product won’t let you down! I love it to bits, and I will be purchasing the real version- can’t wait. It works equally well as a scrub, on your body, and as an extra step after shampooing but before conditioning. Take a small amount of the scrub and massage it into your to add volume. In the shower, it works on wet skin how a normal cleansing shower gel would, but it also works great on dry skin. To top it all off, its preservative free. Greaaatt.
Finally, The Mask of Magnaminty is a facemask which is great for acne-prone skin (so I’ve heard). Personally, I’m not the biggest fan of it; however I do feel this is an unpopular opinion. My reason for not being overly keen on it is because it makes my skin tends to go quite red after removal. I’m assuming this doesn’t happen to everyone.
That aside, it’s a very freshening face mask, and I would recommend giving it a go, as I seem to be in the minority when I say “it’s not the best product I’ve ever tried.” Thankfully, it was just a tester, so I didn’t have to pay anything to try it out. This is a prime example to back up my next piece of advice: ask for a tester before you go ahead and buy something.
Well, that’s it for this post. I really hope you enjoyed my first LUSH post. Obviously, let me know if you want to see more… Also, I have lots of post in line for all you lucky people, haha! See you soon!!
 

14 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I don't have any Lush products? After reading this post, I seriously want to go to Lush! Great post, hun ;) xoxo

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab haul, I'm so intruiged about Ultrabland! The cupcake masks looks fab, great pic of it on! :-)

    Rachel
    www.times2style.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of things I now want to try! Thank you xx

    stephellis531.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love that cupcake face mask, it smells so good I could EAT it! Ahhh you make me want to do a LUSH haul now! ;) x

    www.theannadiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these products look so cute! I've only ever tried one Lush facemask but this makes me want to try more! The shower scrub is something I've only been looking at today, It may have to be my next Lush purchase :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been a massive lover of lush but I'd like to be, I really enjoyed this post so I'm going to treat myself to Cupcake and Ultrabland.
    Hannah xo

    wink-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always found that the best way to remove Ultrabland is with one of the Lush toners (my personal preference is Tea Tree Water) on a cotton pad, it works like magic x

    http://www.realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've yet to try lush. I really should..
    Adela x

    misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your reviews, they are soo detailed and personal! :) Really want to try this cupcake mask!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was about to buy the cupcake face mask earlier this week but I held off for a bit! I'm glad I've just seen this! I do love Lush but I've only ever really tried their bath products! Xx

    tinytaniatalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post! I love Lush! The Cupcake face mask didn't break me out at all. I found it really calmed my t-zone down and got rid of some of the excess oil. I'm trying the Blueberry one at the moment. I love how refreshing their face masks are :) xo

    www.seekmyscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ultrabland is my fave! I love how clean it feels my face feeling (:

    www.xsimplyscarlett.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. that cupcake mask looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely love Lush !!
    http://newthingstoinspire.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete