May 10, 2014

NOTD

I'm not entirely sure how to start this post off, actually... Well, I'm incredibly busy with various different things at the moment, so I apologise in advance for the lack of my write-y posts (and posts in general)! Anyway, I don't want this introduction to be too boring, so I'm going to jump straight in it... Can I get wooooooo for NOTD number 4? They have been so popular, I couldn't resist but to post yet another one! Here's the look you'll be achieving... As you can clearly see, this was before the clean up process, but the pictures needed to be taken quickly... (daylight was limited).
 
 
How to create it:
1) Apply a base coat to protect your natural nail...
2) Apply 1 or 2 coats of white polish as a base colour. This will make the polish more vibrant...
3) Personally, I prefer to leave this to properly dry- so I left my nails for a good few hours...
4) Then, I cut up some Sellotape and lifted each piece on and off my hand, so that it would stick onto the surface of my nail, without peeling it off.
5) I crossed two of these pieces over, so only a triangle (near my cuticle area) was free of tape...
6) Here, you can either: apply a normal colour; or create an ombre affect like I did.. You can do this by getting a section of a sponge and putting 3 colours of polish directly next to each other in stripes.. (I will do a proper tutorial for this)...
7) Go ahead and dab (or paint) that onto the nail..
8) Remove the Sellotape when the polish is still wet
9) Add a top coat and enjoy this gorgeous, eye catching design!

I hope you all liked this simple design... *my base coat is really bad, so I will be on the hunt for a new one*... If you did enjoy this look, leave a comment down below, and make my day! You're all great, see you in my next post!

14 comments:

  1. Nice! I'll definitely need to try this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so goood! Please keep doing NOTDs :) I enjoy reading them! xx

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, I never think to do nail art but it really does look cool! :)

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Never thought of using sellotape for nail art before, will give it a try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this idea, definitely going to try this out! :) keep up the NOTD love them, and i subbed :) @blondemakeupbox from twitter :P http://blondemakeupbox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fantastic! Will have to try something similar! Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good, the colours work great together. Will definitely have to try this.
    Beth x
    mermaidindisguise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS. So original. I love it! xx

    Katy | Little Miss Katy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so gorgeous!!!! I love these nails :-)

    pinkpolkadotandpopcorn.com x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these nails! They look amazing! So simple but effective x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute. I'm in love. I especially love the ombre effect you created. Amazing, I have to say. <3
    Love, Somdyuti
    www.stilettosandtequila.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing! Definitely want to try something similar :)

    Lo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these nails :)
    http://mariecsdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete