June 21, 2014

BOOTS HAUL

Not so long ago I went to 'Boots'. I'm sure you can all relate when I say "a girl simply can't go into 'Boots' and then leave empty-handed, (especially when there's a 3 for 2 offer on)." So, today, I simply wanted to sum up how I feel about the products I purchased.
 
The first product I invested in was the 'Eyebrow Definer' by 'Colorsport'. To be quite honest, I hated it. Personally, I found it an absolute waste of money. It cost £7.99 which I didn't mind spending on a long-lasting, colour-appropriate, good quality product. But it wasn't. It was supposed to be a brown, and I assumed (from the very misleading packaging) that it would be dark brown. How wrong I was. Instead, it's a very light colour which looks invisible on dark brows, (like mine). It has a very watery consistency and rubs off extremely easily. You can purchase it from here. Please understand that I am a dissatisfied customer, however this is just my opinion. The biggest disappointment was the colour, and if you have lighter brows then you may love it. So if you were planning on purchasing it and have read good reviews on it, then give it a shot. I however, can assure you I will never be repurchasing this product.

 
The 'Revlon Colour Burst' on the other hand is utterly amazing. I adore it, and can't believe I didn't try it earlier! Just like the 'Eyebrow Definer', this product also retails at £7.99, however this is worth the money! Purchasable here. With regards to lip products, I strongly dislike glosses as the texture bugs me, and then I end up scrubbing it straight off. I much prefer matte products. With this balm, you can't even feel it when it's on the lips. It looks just like a crayon and is very easy to apply. In addition to this, it also lasts a long time and smells amazing (like a mint Carmex). I brought the colour 'Sultry'. It looks scarily purple on the 'Boots' website, but I promise it's not a purple, it's more of a burgundy. The best thing? There are 9 others to try out, too. My mum purchased the same one as I did, and she liked it so much that she decided to go out and purchase two more. Apply one coat for a sheer finish, and build it up for a more opaque finish. Either way looks fantastic!
 


Finally, I purchased 3 'Models Own' polishes... I'm a polish-o-holic and haven't tried various popular polish brands... Am I crazy or am I crazy?
 
Firstly, I desperately needed a base coat, and was very happy to see they had finally brought one out. The base coat is very long wearing and honestly helped my nail varnish last longer with minimal chipping or peeling.
 
I then tried their ordinary glitter polish in the shade 'Southern Lights'. I'll admit that it's similar to Purple Haze from Binky London, however, this shade is a lot lighter. I personally didn't feel 'wowed' by this product- it was an ordinary glitter polish.
 
Finally I tried the 'Models Own' 'HyperGel'. It supposedly gives off a gel appearance without UV light. Surprisingly, I did actually find that it worked. It made my nail polish look 'thicker' and more 'even'. I applied no top coat yet it was extremely shiny. It also lasted around a week and a half. I brought it in the shade 'Cerise Shine' simply because it was the only colour left... They were selling like hotcakes, so go and grab one quickly! They cost £5.00. In the future, I would like to also try their new 'HyperGel' top coat which retails at £8.00. A bit on the pricey side for a polish, but if it works, then I am more than willing to purchase it!
 
Anyway, that's it for this post... I hope this helped you decide whether it will be worth purchasing any of the products mentioned. I know you guys quite like hauls and so I decided I would post one. See you soon gurlllsss!

20 comments:

  1. I've tried that eyebrow definer too and hated it! You got some great other buys though :)

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of that HyperGel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nail polishes all look lovely! Good haul :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Model Own polishes. The brow pen reminds me of a brown texter we would use as kids. Crazy.

    http://www.darlingdeedee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Southern lights is one of my favourites from Models Own x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading haul posts & with the exception of the brow pen it looks like you picked up some lovely bits :)

    Natasha Paris xx
    www.natashaparisblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I can never resist Boots! Great choice of nail varnishes :D

    Cat from outsidebeautyinsidehealth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul! I need that eyebrow definer like no one's business!
    : signe : : the daily savant
    I also have a STYLE CHALLENGE going on now! I hope you’ll enter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I have a love/hate relationship with the deals in Boots. Love them, hate what they do to my wallet… working there makes it all that much harder (grr!) xx

    http://eaudebloglette.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the colour burst balms, I have quite a few of them! Also really want to try the Models Own HyperGel Polish so I must pop in to Boots and see if they have any xx

    Charli | Secrets Behind The Closet Door

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, love the Revlon balms!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only thing that is standing out to me in this post is the Revlon ColourBurst! <3 I LOVE the colour! Great for an everyday lippy! All your other buys are great its just I love lippy's ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous purchases- Sultry in my favourite Revlon matte balm! :)

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't tried the Revlon Colorbursts yet, but I've read so many great reviews on them.
    Rubi | The Den

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Revlon chubby sticks
    emhasrednails.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I almost purchased that exact Revlon Product a few days ago, but put it down. I regretted it the moment I arrived home!
    Angie x
    www.chocolateandlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I should definitely try those Revlon Matte Balms.. been contemplating for a while now!
    jalexandrova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great haul, I love the look of those models own nail polishes! x
    ItsTheBlueBow

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely haul! I definitely need to jump on the bandwagon and try a Revlon Matte Balm!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those Revlon balms are to die for, I don't think i've swatched those shades.
    I'm a new follower, found you through the #bbloggers chat this evening
    x Kirsty
    www.beautyisperfection.co.uk

    ReplyDelete