June 13, 2014

MEET LAURA RYCHLIK...

I'm free! Free of exams.

As I'm sure a lot of you can relate to, it's extremely difficult balancing exam season with blogging. So, I'd just like to mention that those days are over, and I should be able to spend more time blogging again, woooooooooo- Looks like I've finally got my life back!

Anyway, I don't want my exams to be the focus of this post (please, let's put that behind us, shall we?). It's time for an interview- interview number 2!

This is long overdue. In this post, I interviewed 'Laura Rychlik'. I discovered Laura from 'JacksGap' who previously posted about '10 up-and-coming YouTubers you should start watching today'. Laura was actually the first to be mentioned in this post... As a result, I went on to her channel, and loved her videos! Primarily her videos were 'covers'- (she sings), but I noticed how she also branched out into more 'chatty' videos, too.

I would highly recommend checking out her channel, I personally love it! She's so sweet and genuine and deserves more people to watch and subscribe to her videos- (her channel's here). I'm so happy I got the chance to interview her, and getting to know her on a more personal level! Here's how it went...

What inspired you to start YouTubing?

Singing has always been a big part of my life, and I really wanted to be able to share that with people. YouTube is a great platform for that because it's specifically for video; so when I was in grade 11, I decided to create a channel and put out my very first cover. I've been watching YouTube videos since I was a kid, and had been inspired by so many other people putting content out there, that I kind of wanted to do the same thing and maybe even inspire someone else one day!                                  

Why should people watch your videos? What makes you different to other YouTubers?

When I first started my YouTube channel, it was primarily for music. As I've grown and watched other YouTubers over the years I've discovered that my channel doesn't necessarily have to be defined by just music. I've always admired vloggers and thought it would be a really neat thing to try; so eventually I built up the courage to start doing that as well, and put everything all on one channel. Although music is still the main focus of what I like to put up, I've definitely had a lot of fun experimenting with different things on my channel!

When did you first discover the fact that you could sing?

I've been singing for as long as I can remember! Growing up I was that kid that was always humming a song, and putting on performances to the Spice Girls or other artists at the time in my living room. I think it's because it always brings me such fulfillment that I wanted to make it my career for the longest time. I even almost studied music in University, but then decided to pursue my other love of media and digital arts. Even though the dream of being a singer one day is still there, I know it will always be a big part of my life whether I end up pursuing it as a career or keeping it as a hobby!

What do your family and friends think about YouTubing?

I'm honestly so lucky because my friends and family are so unbelievably supportive of my channel. They're my biggest promoters!

Describe your singing career with one word...

Fun! (Haha I know its a tad cheesy, but I tried looking up other good words online and this is the one that seemed to fit best!) 

Who are you subscribed to on YouTube?

Hmm lets see, well firstly there is Jemall Earle and Stuart O'Brien because they are very good friends of mine and ridiculously talented! And then of course there's OrinsEyes, who was also on the JacksGap list, and makes absolutely incredible videos! Then I can't forget Joe Santagado, whose videos make me laugh like no other, and literally wait by my laptop for his new uploads every Tuesday. And of course all of the British YouTubers such as JacksGap, Joe Sugg, Zoella, Alfie, Jim, Tanya, etc.

Who is your 'idol'?

In terms of musicians I'd have to say Hilary Duff! She just seems like the most down to earth person, and is someone that I've looked up to since I was a kid watching Lizzie McGuire. In real life though I'd hands down have to say my grandpa, because he is the strongest, most inspirational person I know. 

How did you feel about being on JacksGap?

I literally still don't believe that happened! I'm a huge fan of theirs and have been watching their videos for years; so to find out that I was listed on their website... I was beyond shocked! Both Jack and Finn are just such inspirational people, and to see all the incredible work they've created and be recognized by them... its unbelievable!

Do you find it difficult to balance general life with YouTubing?

Its definitely a bit of a challenge at times, but I love the program I'm studying at University and of course making YouTube videos, so it doesn't really feel like work! Although sometimes when its exam season or just a very busy week it does affect my schedule of being able to put out new videos.

Do you like fashion/ beauty? What items could you not live without?

Oh yeah definitely! I’m really big on having clear, nice looking skin. So I started using Cover Girl’s BB cream every morning along with Rimmel’s Clean Finish Foundation, and it makes your skin look flawless without all of the cakiness that can sometimes come with some concealers and foundations! As for clothing pieces though, I am absolutely obsessed with everything in the store Brandy Meleville. It is literally one of those stores I walk into and would love to buy every single thing in it!

5 comments:

  1. She's really interesting, and she seems like a super nice person!

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview :)

    reviewsonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the interview
    and happy to hear your exam stress is over, I know the feeling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to. I'm now following you via gfc, keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing your exams! I know how difficult it is to balance between blogging and exams! I don't know that many Youtube singers, so thanks for introducing Laura. I had a look at her channel and her Owl City cover is pretty awesome! :)

    Olivia xxx Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete