June 27, 2014

NOTD


Don't deny it. You struggle painting with your non-dominant hand too. Right... ;) Well, in that case, this NOTD will be perfect for you. Anyone can recreate this design- and when I say anyone, I really mean anyone.
 
How to create it:
1) Apply a base coat to protect your natural nail...
2) Pick out the colours you want to use. Include a white, and then choose your desired colours. I used very bright and vibrant colours- the green one is old and discontinued (from Rimmel), the yellow is from a small shop in Lanzarote and can't be found here- (ugh, sorry to be so annoying), and then the other colours are from the 'Sinful Colors' range (which thankfully can still be found, woooooooo!)
3) Then apply 2 coats of the white colour and wait for it to dry.
4) Mix your desired colour with some nail polish remover and keep doing so until it gets to a more watery consistency (as demonstrated in the right image).
 

5) I then used an old paint brush to dab the colour onto my nail. I started off with pink, and then added all of the other colours. Upon reflection, I feel like I should've left it with one colour, as it looks more professional and simple. However, if you're feeling particularly daring (or maybe even just very summery), then why not go all out?
 
That's a wrap! You don't need any skills whatsoever here, the messier, the better!! I hope you all enjoyed this NOTD, like I've said a zillion times, it is super duper easy, so I hope some of you lovely people try it out! Thanks for reading guys, I'll see you in my next post!
 

20 comments:

  1. I love this technique.

    Hayley // http://PocketN0tes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, looks lovely on a white base!
    http://sophielfarrell.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I always struggle with my left hand haha. xx

    reviewsonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible! Great post!

    Xoxo
    Juliana Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are actually super cool! They'd be amazing with an all black look - great for Summer!!

    XO, G from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the white base to make the colours pop. Great post too! Was super easy to read/follow :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the nail art... very easy.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this nail look so much! I normally just stick to a solid colour - I'm a bit boring when it comes to nails!


    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sweets, Thanks for your tweet, following you on bloglovin' and gfc.

    Love this design, Very Jackson Pollock.

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too cool! Just followed via bloglovin :)
    Xo Jocelyn

    https://jpwbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Going to try this on my toenails :)

    Huna x

    www.ithestylist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love this!!! Must definetly try this for summer events!!

    LFA (lovefromangelic) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this look - will definitely be giving it a go myself! Where do you buy your Sinful Colors from?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a good idea, I'm always looking for easy nail art to try out!

    Sophie x
    theomgdiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting idea
    Ameera xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great idea..will have to try it. Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  17. AHH thats so creative and looks amazing! Will have to give it a go and tweet you my not so beautiful results!

    Lyndsey xxx

    http://ellelaww.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh these look incredible. I wish I could do nail art I'm rubbish at it but I might just have to try and give this a try :)

    Hannah xxx

    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love love love! I will definitely have to try this soon! You have a beautiful blog btw!

    I hope you have a wonderful day!
    much love, Joycie
    joycieu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete