August 28, 2014

BLOGIVERSARY

I don't stick to anything... Whether that be a school club, or just writing in my diary. I always tend to get bored, and then give up. There's one 'thing' I have continued doing (and loving) though, and that 'thing' is blogging. I have been blogging for a whole year now, and I love it!

Unlike most bloggers who say the year has "flown by", I feel like it has dragged and dragged. In my head, it feels like I have been blogging for 5 years, not one! When I think about the day I sat down at my computer and wrote my first post (which you can read here) on the 28th of August 2013, well, it's safe to say, that feels like a lifetime ago! Already, after just one year of blogging, I feel like I have gained so much knowledge and made a ton of amazing blogging friends who share the same interests as me.

I remember looking at other beauty blogs. They were so inspiring... Some of them had 5 followers, while others had 100... Some even had 500, "what a dream", I thought... 500 people reading your blog? Was that really possible? It was. I, myself, reached 500 followers, and words do not describe how proud I felt! My ultimate milestone had been reached!

For a long time, I wrote my blog to nobody... It was just me writing reviews to, well, myself. Now, a year later, I have 1700 of you lovely people subscribed to my blog. It feels surreal. Its amazing to think people actually read my content. So I guess, what I ought to say is a massive thank you! Despite the fact that I write my blog because I want to, it's you guys who make me want to keep doing what I do.

Anyway, I just wanted to write a short post, as it has been a year since I started blogging! An enormous thank you to everyone reading this, I hope to see you again this time next year!

You're all incredible and make me so happy!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations at sticking to blogging for a year! I remember the first couple of months were really hard but I think blogging gets easier as time goes on and also when you get more people commenting as you feel as though you are interacting more with your readers!
    Becca x
    http://missbeccabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just started blogging a few months ago and I hope I'll be celebrating many blogiversary with it in the future. It's nice to be reminded that everyone started from scratch, and as long as you keep going and work hard you will see the result you wanted one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary! I celebrated mine this summer and it is such a sense of accomplishment. I love your blog and think that what you do over here on Luscious Lane is awesome. Keep up the good work!
    ~ Samantha
    samsamcherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats & happy blogiversary! It must be amazing to see your blog grow day by day! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first blog birthday!!! Hope for many more.

    Fabulous 30s

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post! I wish you more and more followers and readers xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I have been blogging for 2/3 months and can't imagine reaching 500 followers!!

    www.lipstickontshirts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I love reading your blog x

    tmzn loves x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on celebrating one year! That's incredible. I totally know what you mean, I just celebrated after 3 months and somehow it feels like a lot longer. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your one year blog anniversary! I'm sure you have grown and learned so much along the way! 1700 followers is amazing! Keep up the great job!
    Sam @ Pancakewarriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation! I love your blog!
    Bai, Shiki
    http://beautifuljrockdevil.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey girl, thank you so much for being my first bloglovin follower! You made me smile SO big, haha. I've followed you back on bloglovin because I LOVE your blog! Congrats on the one year anniversary! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the one year anniversary!!
    xx
    ratchetlia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats ! You really gave me hope for my blog too! You just wrote my thoughts. Write now I guess I'm writing for myself haha, hope I'm gonna be successful as you are!
    Lux
    luxxveritatis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've just come across your blog (via twitter) and I'm so impressed! 1800 followers in just over a year? That's amazing! I'm about 8 months in and still feel like a baby blogger. Oh well. It's only onwards and upwards from here :) I hope your blog continues to grow and be successful!

    Helen x // Beautiful Curiosities

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done for blogging for your first full year! Reaching so many followers in the space of just one year is fantastic and I can absolutely see why - you write with such a lovely touch of honesty! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I am going to have my 3rd blogiversary this Winter ^_^ Thanks for sending me your link on twitter!

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! I've just had my fourth, I feel like it's my first still though haha - forever a blogging newbie! xx

    francesca | on-thebias | fashion, beauty, lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations. I remember celebrating my first year and being amazed that I had been blogging for so long x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! I've only started blogging myself hopefully one day I reach as many viewers/followers

    Wendellism x

    ReplyDelete