August 11, 2014

GABBI'S HEAD

 
Disclaimer: This pub is was a pop-up pub, so is no longer available to visit. (I’m sorry for the delay in posting it).
During the World Cup, Benefit Cosmetics opened up a pop-up pub called Gabbi’s Head. It was situated on Drury Lane, London. The World Cup is a time mainly associated with men, but this pub made it special for all those ladies, too. Various other bloggers have written about their experience, so make sure you go and read all their posts too.
 
Upon arrival, you get greeted with these super cute laminate passes which are supposed to be worn around your neck. There's not much to say about this, but I thought it was a cute idea and makes you feel like VIP.
 

The first thing I noticed when I got there was the colour. Everything was pink… When I say everything, I really mean everything. From the sofa’s, to the wallpaper, to the foosball table, to the actual drinks themselves. The bar was on the left hand side and the seating took up the remaining space. The interior was super cute and girly, with two or three TV’s scattered around, displaying the World Cup on it. The pub was based around football and makeup, a great combination to satisfy all.
 
 
I seriously felt the need to show you guys these amazing drink mats, too… I even asked one of the Benebabes if she could give me some new ones to take home with me… They had a massive stock of them, so my wish was fulfilled, haha!
 


When I finally sat down, I was faced with a menu. I had just eaten so decided to stick with drinks.

The drink I had chosen to have was this non-alcoholic cocktail. It was probably the most expensive drink I have ever purchased (I think it was around £8.00), but I have to admit, it was the most delicious drink I had ever purchased, too! It consisted of a mixture of ingredients including mint, raspberries, pomegranate, lemon and more. I tried to replicate this at home and let me assure you, it didn’t taste half as good!

So I would definitely recommend trying it if you ever get the chance. I also thought the glasses themselves were super cute, but that’s pretty irrelevant!















Also in the pub, two Benebabes were doing makeup on people who wanted it. They did a great job, (which I would know as I was closely observing, haha). A pub for girls, where you can have your makeup done… How can I get any better? Unfortunately though, I don’t live in London, so we were restricted for time and I wanted to go and explore more of London, so I decided to leave having my makeup done. They used all Benefit products, of course!



Before leaving I popped into the toilets to wash my hands, (I’m a clean freak and London isn’t the cleanest of places). The toilets were also (very surprisingly) cute and quirky. They made everything so original, for example instead of saying “Caution hot water” they had a sign saying “Hey hot stuff, this water’s just as hot as you! Take care”- I found this super adorable. They also had ‘makeup tips’ on the door, which was very helpful!



Well, that's it... I just wanted to share this experience with you, because I thought it would appeal to some of you girly girls. Again, I'm sorry for the late post, if Benefit ever open another pub (or anything of that kind) I would encourage you to go. It's so original. It's most defiitley not the type of thing you'd see on a day to day basis.

Hope you girls liked this post, thank you for reading!




21 comments:

  1. This looks so lovely and different! would love to try it sometime but I also don't live in London (boo!)

    www.jessmcguireblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to visit this place, it looks AMAZING!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh it looks amazing! I wish I could have gone! xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a few bloggers talking about Gabbis Head and really wanted to see inside - so glad someone popped up some pictures! Looks like it was a fun place!

    XO, G from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so originaly! I bet you had the best time there. Hopefully I'll get to visit one of these pop-up pubs someday!

    Tania | thearistochats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow expensive for what looks like a load of ice lol! How did you find out about this?

    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, so true, it was mainly ice! Erm... I thin I saw another blogger write about it, and had already booked a hotel in London so just decided to pop in to check it out!

      Rikki xxx

      Delete
  7. It looked amazing, I'm so upset I didn't get to go :( Very expensive it seems but as it was a one-off trip why not treat yourself!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog - Travel, Lifestyle and Fashion xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks absolutely amazing! I'm so disappointed it's not open anymore, they need to make it a full time thing! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this - it looks wicked! I really really wanted to go to this pub but because I live in the West Midlands I couldn't go. I was gutted but hopefully if they do open another pub like this maybe in Birmingham I'll go.

    Yazmin xx
    www.yazzyscorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those coasters with those sayings on them. They are so cool! :) x

    www.savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! That place look so cute!


    http://monicasclosett.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pub looks so cute! I love the place mats, good shout asking if you could take some. It's a shame they didn't keep the pub open beats normal pubs haha.

    http://cutepandaa.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pub looks amazing! If i knew it was there i would have visited for sure just for the experience!!
    lotsa love from Abbi
    stealstylist.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like such a cute little pub, I love that they've paid so much attention to detail! :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! I was in London during the world cup, wish I knew about it. I could have dragged my boyfriend to a cute place for once ha-ha!

    http://glowta.blogspot.ie/

    xo Claire

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super cute. I loved the idea when I heard about it, but I also don't live in London so was unable to visit. Thank you for sharing these photos & your experience with us, it was runner up only to being able to visit myself. Xx

    whentaniatalks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg, how cute! I love Benefit, they have the cutest style.

    Ali | Lilac Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks so perfect!

    www.bellechaton.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sending me your link last night on #bbloggers chat

    love your blog! looks like you had so much fun at the benefir event

    just followed :o)

    www.milliecbeauty.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So neat! Even cooler than the SF headquarters. Thanks for following, looking for more beauty posts.

    XoXo
    -The Craft Bunny

    ReplyDelete