September 14, 2014

MEET JEMMA MCKENZIE-BROWN...

If any of you girls read my previous post, 20 Facts About Me, then you may have noticed me mention how I loved High School Musical as a child (and still do)! (I have lost count of how many times I've watched the movies, haha). In High School Musical 3 there were a few new faces, and to cut a long story short, I had the chance to interview one of them- it was soooo exciting!

Jemma McKenzie-Brown played the role of 'Tiara' in High School Musical 3. You can watch her in action here... I feel like Jemma is so lovely and talented (being able to sing, dance and act). I had such great fun interviewing her. Here's how it went...


1. What was the best part in being involved in HSM3?

 So much. The opportunity to work on such a highly anticipated project was exciting in itself, along with meeting the cast and going to America for the first time in my life, the whole thing was super exciting for me. Being 13 at the time too probably added to that! 

2.     What is your favourite scene from the movie?

I love watching the musical numbers. I used to go down to set to watch them being filmed too! My favourite scene to shoot was the scene in the dressing room with Ashley, when Tiara becomes the diva and confronts Sharpay! 

3.  If you could go back and change one thing, what would it be?

Hmm, that's a tough one. I'm a big believer in not wanting to change the past as every tiny decision leads you to where you are and who you today, so I probably and maybe surprisingly wouldn't change a thing! 

4.     What was it like working so closely to Ashley Tisdale and all of the other cast members?

It was great! I was the youngest cast member so my relationships with them reflected that I think! Ashley was great for advice and she was always checking if I was ok. Everyone was great and I feel like they saw me as the youngest sibling of the gang, which I loved! 

5. Are you still in contact with the cast members?

I actually saw Matt Prokop and his gorgeous girlfriend Sarah a couple of weeks ago in London, but before that I hadn't seen him for a year! I live in a different time zone to them all so it's hard to stay close! But it's much easier if I'm in LA or someone's over here.

6. What was it like playing such a deceptive character?

That was super fun! I loved the switch up day! On set it was funny from going around all my 'good girl Tiara' clothes then one day coming out of wardrobe in the blue mini dress and everyone saying 'Wait Jemma! What?! It's not you!' 

7.  How did you feel about the outfits and makeup you had to wear? Did you like the extravagant outfits or not?

I love hair, makeup and fashion anyway, always trying new looks and trends in my personal life so I guess that makes it exciting on set too! If the extravagant outfits go with character then sure! As for in the hair and make up chair we all used to share tips and tricks, which at 13 were very useful as I hadn't made too many bad make up habits yet and I even use some now!  

 8.   Have you participated in any other movies?

No. I did TV work prior to HSM3 and afterwards I went back to school to finish my exams before delving into music, which is what I'm still doing now. It's a different world to film but I love it!

 9. Out of singing, dancing and acting, which is your favourite? Do you have any other talents?

I get asked this a lot and I always realise I come out with a different answer! So I guess that means I go between the three! I'll always love music so singing is up there right now. That could also have something to do with it being what I'm focusing on now. Ask me that if I'm filming something again and I'll probably say acting! 

10.  Are you still acting, now? Where do you see yourself in the near future?

No acting on the cards yet but never say never! My band and I are in the studio a lot at the moment rehearsing, jamming, making music we like and that we'd want to perform. But there's no rush! There's nothing worse than not being ready and I'm such a perfectionist is never put anything out there that I'm not 100% proud of.

Like I said, Jemma was so fun to interview. I'd highly recommend following her on Twitter and Instagram. See you soon guys!
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow. It's amazing how you got to meet and interview Jemma. You have a lovely blog x
    lipstickandmascaras.blogspot.co.uk
    lipstickbblog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your so lucky to meet her / talk with her, I would love to do that.

    Sophie :)

    fashionnoveluk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. random -i follow her on insta but didn't know the HSM connection :) www.thewanderlusthasgotme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I am SO jealous that you got to interview her! I loved High School Musical (Still do, but shh!) Plus she's probably hugged Zac Efron, could be one step closer to him haha! This was an amazing opportunity and I'm glad you loved it! :)

    -Love Natasha xx
    www.hernameistashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out my blog www.rinnywillow.blogspot.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blog!! super fun and cute :)


    spiceadvicexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete