October 26, 2014

CIATE ADVENT CALENDAR

IT'S NEARLY THAT TIME AGAIN... CHRISTMAS!
 
I'm going to keep this short and sweet, because I have a lot of pictures to show you guys. Last Christmas, instead of buying a normal chocolate advert calendar, I decided to splurge on a Ciate 'Mini Mani Manor' advent calendar, which retails at £49 from Selfridges- I know this is absolutely extortionate, but Christmas only comes once a year, so why not? I wanted to switch things up a bit, so I did! Prior to purchasing this, I had heard very good reviews on the Ciate polish, so I was ecstatic to try them. To be completely honest, there was so much hype around this brand, that I was slightly let down, as I was expecting more. Nevertheless, I do feel like they're good polishes, and have some lovely colours which you can see in the photo's below. One thing that did upset me was the fact that number 25th, which I was expecting to be something 'special', was just another pink polish 'Play Date' and it was actually very gloopy. That was the biggest disappointment of it all. Please look at the images below, and if it does seem like something that appeals to you, then you can buy the 2014 version of this, (the colours have changed).
 







 
 



So, that's it girls.. I hope you liked this post- I know it is a bit different to my ordinary posts, in the sense that is full of pictures, but I wanted to give you a good idea of what they're like, and I felt photo's would do this better than text. Let me know which colours were your favourite... See you soon!



15 comments:

  1. Boudoir and Candy Floss look gorgeous! I can't decide which Christmas calender to get this year the No7, Lush and obviously the Benefit one look lovely! x

    Roxie
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo they look so nice! Love your nails! <3

    Freya Blendell

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors. I too prefer the OPI, Essie, Deborah Lippman polishes. (so much I dedicated a whole post to my love for OPI *blush*)
    www.lifestylingit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are stunning, I would actually wear every single one of them except for the 25th one haha thanks for posting about these, they must have taken a while to photograph! X

    http://creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! It's my pleasure... To be honest, I took these images during study leave (so didn't really have anything better to do)- I would've struggled if I tried to do this now that I'm studying again, haha!

      Thank you for reading<3
      Rikki x

      Delete
  5. all the colours are so beautiful!

    http://bluecoastofdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via Instagram?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suppose it's a good way to get an instant nail varnish collection! Love snowglobe. Funnily enough I tried a jumper on in New Look today that was exactly the same colour and texture!

    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh! I've also heard good things from Ciate nail polish also but I'm a little skeptical about buying them because of the price but they seem fun. Some of these colors are lovely though. I wonder if they sell these calendar nail polish color individually.

    http://petrichoraffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute, I love pepperminty and hopscotch xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely colors!
    curious about the swatches

    love
    Karlien

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Sugar Plum, Candyfloss and Hoopla! They're so cute! :)

    Sasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. We gave this to my sister last year and I loved it so much!!! I'm so jealous of all her nail polishes... and yours!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colour range! I love Hoopia, Pillow Flight, Tweed and Tails and Snow Globe.

    M - Mocha & Moccasins

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got this too! the colours are so lovely!
    Bethany x

    curiousclaptrap.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete