January 18, 2015

FLASHMOB COSMETICS*


I've tried so many glitter polishes over the years, but I feel like when I apply them, I don't get a very good coverage, as you can barely even see the glitter. Flashmob Cosmetics were kind enough to gift me with their Turbo Wattage set. (All opinions are my own). This set retails at £7 which is so, so, so affordable in my opinion! 4 polishes would usually come to £16+, and then the glitters would bump the price up even more, so I feel like this set is well worth the money! I think this would be a great gift for nail lovers!



In this set, the glitters come separately to the polish, and I felt like this may give me the coverage I've always wanted for gorgeous, glittery nails! It comes with 4 polishes and 3 glitters. You have a white base 'White Lightening', a blue shade 'Speed Of Light', a purple colour 'High Velocity' and a green polish 'Warp Speed'. Most of the products that Flashmob sell tend are very bright and vibrant (which I personally love).


The first shade I tried was the blue. As you can tell from the image above, the glitter covered my whole nail, with no base coat showing. I simply applied the white base, then the blue polish, and then dipped each nail into the glitter pot. I was so happy with the end result! The glitter was quite chunky, and shimmered in the light (which I tried to capture in the image above). It almost looked like a foil effect. You can apply as much or as little as you want. I went all out and applied the most I could, so I could see the full potential of it.


For some reason, I found that the purple glitter was much finer than the blue and green. The glitter itself is very dark, but changes colour slightly, depending on the lighting. The pot of glitter (like the one above) is quite small, and like all glitters, it can be a messy process. However, this was the only problem I was faced with. On the whole the glitters are great!


The actual polishes are fantastic quality! The brush is a thin one, which makes applying the polish a lot easier! The overall formulation is wonderful, but the coverage could be improved as they're quite opaque. I personally don't mind opaque polishes, but I know a lot of people who want full coverage, and to achieve this, you'd need quite a few coats. For example, the purple polish comes out more of a pink with the first coat.


This green polish is more bright than the other two, but I still really like it. I personally wouldn't wear this on a daily basis. However, it is perfect for nail art designs, or special occasions, where you want to look a bit different. I've been wanting a green to add to my collection for a while now, and I do really like this, so would therefore recommend it. Like I've already mentioned though, many coats are needed for a good coverage.


Although the green glitter makes your nails more 'jazzy', I feel like it actually tones down the bright green base colour, and makes it more wearable. I knew I'd like the blue and purple glitters, but wasn't sure about the green. Despite this, I actually loved all three of them equally! These glitters won't last very long though, so it may be better to use them sparingly, on nail art designs etc.

I really enjoyed trying this set out, and I was really happy with the finished products. Thank you to Flashmob for supplying me with this, I loved it, and will be cruising their website for future buys! See you next week guys!

23 comments:

  1. wow these are so pretty! i've never heard of this brand before! they look amazing!


    http://oliviamulhearn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue colour! It really stands out and looks lovely x

    Through New Eyes | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so so pretty.
    I need to try more from flashmob
    xxx
    www.adrugstoreaddiciton.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so cute! I've never heard of that brand before, will definitely have to check them out! xx

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. These are the ultimate glitter polishes!

    xoxo
    jessica
    from
    The Crown Wings

    ReplyDelete
  6. your nails look ace! I especially love the green glitter!

    han x
    http://emandhanxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is so perfect! I wish mine was more like yours ☼

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of this brand before but it looks amazing! The purple is my fave I think, it's so pretty!

    Tasha xo
    skinnysandstripes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never heard of this brand, the blue is amazing might have to give this a try!

    http://lipsticksandloveheartsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blue varnish is absolutely incredible! Wish I actually had nails so I could indulge... Also! I started following your blog a couple months ago, and have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :) all the information is on my blog, and I've popped a link on the post so that people who read it can easily access this beautiful blog. Hope that's okay :) xoxo

    http://ohlittlejoys.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the purple and blue polishes! They look amazing!

    www.laurieelle.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those blue glitter nails look absolutely amazing! I may have buy one of my friend's this set as I know she is a big lover of things that have to do with nails.
    untitled&unfinished

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow these are so cute! Haven't seen this brand before..

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the blue one!

    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow these are amazing! I LOVE glitter nails! I'll defiantly be giving this a go! x

    Beauty Bundle Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Rikki,

    Firstly I would like to say thank you for following my blog it's a new blog and I very much appreciate you following me :-)

    Like so many of the other comments I've never heard of this brand before I love nail glitter and nail art and these colours are AMAZING!!!

    Great review !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah I just love your blog it's so cute! Thank you for the follow lovely. These nail glitters look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete