February 01, 2015

SIGMA*


As I'm currently studying, I've been super busy and haven't been posting as frequently as I'd like to. I get really frustrated with myself every time I miss a week of posting, but just wanted to make you all aware that the 'studying season' has officially began again, so I want to apologise in advance! Anyway, on to a more positive topic... I'm now apart of the Sigma Affiliate Program! I always hear such good things about Sigma and now I'll be reviewing some products that they've kindly sent me!

I was firstly given their 'Color Pop Makeup Kit' in 'Sugar Plum' (a purple shade), but they also have 'Pretty in Peach' (an orange) and 'So Jaded' (a green). In addition to this, they gave me some brushes to try, too. I was very excited about the brushes in particular as I've previously read good reviews about them! The makeup kit consists of a little 'sigma girl' keyring (as shown above); 2 eye shadows; a glitter dust; a spotlight powder; and a lipgloss.

 *Like always, these are my honest opinions*


The eye shadows are purple and peach. I don't wear eye shows very frequently, but I really love this one. It's so subtle yet shimmers in the light. It leaves a really pretty, elegant look. I feel like this particular duo would be great for people who are new and experimenting with make up, as it is very simple yet still has great coverage.


This is a spotlight powder. I instantly fell in love with this product because of the colour. It's a brown/ dark pink shade with a hint of gold. Like the shadows, it also shimmers in the light. I use it to highlight certain areas of my face, as it glitters but isn't 'over the top'. You can apply a thin coat or build it up depending on the finished look you're hoping for.


This is a glitter, so is obviously a lot less wearable than the other two products I've shown you. Despite this, I absolutely love it, (and have worn it way too much). It's a blue glitter, but looks more silvery depending on the lighting. This is just so, so, so pretty! I think it's better to keep this for 'special occasions' or 'fancy dress' etc. I'll pre-warn you- like most glitters, it can be messy, but as long as you're careful, it should be fine!


I've mentioned many times that I'm not a big lip gloss fan. I much prefer matte shades. I do quite like this product though, and it's fairly opaque (which I find most lip glosses lack). My sister is a huge fan of lip glosses though, and she loves this. She finds it really moisturising and not too sticky.

That's everything that comes in the kit. It costs $29.99 (and can be shipped to other countries). It's such a wearable set of makeup. All the products are really simple and neutral, but still stand out.


As it suggests in the name, this brush is used to apply eye shadow... It works best when trying to apply your your eye shadow 'evenly'. I genuinely believe that a good eye shadow brush makes the biggest difference. I've used so many low quality brushes before and the look ends up so messy. So this brush is a saviour. It retails at $14.


When I first saw this brush, I couldn't work out what it was for. I assumed it was something to do with eye shadow again, but I couldn't be more wrong. I went on the Sigma website and was pleasantly surprised when I saw what it was actually designed to do. Firstly, the ridge is used to apply your cream/ powder to curved areas on your face. Then you have two flat surfaces- one which you apply your cream or powder to, ad the other blends it in... This is for flat areas on your face. Finally, the point is used for 'precision'. I think this is my favourite product I received as it's so convenient! It costs $19.

Lastly, this 3DHD Habuki brush is basically the exact same thing as the 3DHD Precision brush, but it's larger, so is better for the larger areas of your face. The brush itself is super soft and easy to use. I also haven't noticed any brush hairs come out yet (a problem I sometimes face with other brushes). This brush is $24.

That's it for this post guys. I hope you enjoyed it! I'm so glad I'm a part of this wonderful affiliate program, I can see myself visiting their make up stand more and more frequently after trying their products! A huge thank you to Sigma for gifting me with these wonderful pieces! I'll (hopefully) see you all next week with another post! 

17 comments:

  1. Good luck with studying! I finished my exams 2 weeks before. :3 I love your review.
    Bai, Shiki
    http://beautifuljrockdevil.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photography and amazing post! I really want to try some Sigma products :) this review has sold them to me!

    Love Becki xo
    www.beckicharlotteblogs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Sigma before but they seem like good value! I don't think i'd be brave enough to wear the purple eyeshadow but the pink one looks cute :) The spotlight powder looks like it could be a good mix of highlighter and blush, I have a similar looking product from MAC and I love it :) I'm with you on lip glosses though, I much prefer lipsticks, though it's good when you can find a gloss with a good pigment :)

    Good luck with your studying! :) I've just started my second term of my last year at uni, and the amount of times i've been posting has severely gone down because of it, I wish I had more time to blog, i'm sure you feel the same! :)

    Love Amylou x
    www.amylous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those brushes look so awesome!

    Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. I want to try Sigma brushes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those products look really cute! I really like your blog :)

    xoxo, Merce
    www.its-mercedita.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard so many things about the sigma brushes! Lovely products :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i've always wanted to try those brushes!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! The makeup kit looks very sweet and portable if you want to put them in your makeup bag. Lovely review :)

    Mel

    blog.meljwills.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look lovely, I've never tried anything buy Sigma but I've heard such good things about their products, especially their brushes! x

    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey rikki I would love to invite you to my give-away~<3
    http://vanilla-second.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/my-1st-ever-give-away-my-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those brushes look gorgeous! I definitely need to add them to my collection!

    Emma | DollfaceBlogs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard so many good things about Sigma brushes, I really need to try some out they look lovely!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. That packaging is absolutely gorgeous! Love it. Good luck with your studying :) I'm in my final year at Uni so can completely relate!
    Bea x
    As Seen By Bea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sigma brushes are so raved about never even realised they did make up products as well, will have to take a look xx

    Tanya Noreen XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to try out those amazing makeup brushes


    http://catheartbudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete