February 25, 2015

THE BODY SHOP*


The Body Shop have officially launched their new 'Smoky Poppy' range. It claims to be their most 'seductive' range yet. They have lots of different products including the 'Smoky Poppy' body butter, lotion, scrub, perfume, shower gel and bath bombs. I was gifted some of these products to review. They also have a range called 'Drops Of Youth' and they've added a 'sleeping mask' to it (which I was also very kindly given).


 I've never really worn body butters. I dislike their thick consistency and the greasiness it leaves on your skin. I currently own 7 body butters from The Body Shop (some of which you can see here. I've linked it up, but beware: this is one of my old, cringe worthy posts). I've somehow accumulated these and I do believe The Body Shop provide the highest quality butters I've ever tried. Despite the fact that I'm not a big lover of body butters, I've noticed that this product is extremely hydrating and moisturising- I feel like it would be perfect for people with drier skin. Surprisingly, it is quickly absorbed by the skin so doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky (which some other body butters do). The scent is delightful. It's sweet but refreshing. It's subtle but noticeable. It smells similar to the 'nutmeg' scent. It costs £13.00.


I love body lotions and use them all the time! I even use them as a replacement for hand creams, as I feel they're so hydrating. This one in particular is one of my favourites. It has such a perfect consistency and is instantly absorbed by your skin. It's a reasonable sized bottle and I do feel like you get a lot of lotion out of it. Weirdly, my favourite part of the lotion is actually the pump, haha! It's perfect because it releases the right amount of moisturiser and you can obviously keep pumping it out to gradually build it up. It smells delightful and a little bit goes a long way. It retails at £8.00.


A few weeks ago I finished my Soap & Glory scrub and I was on the lookout for a new one to try. The Body Shop gave me this one and I absolutely love it! Its a very big tub, but I feel like you'd only use it as a treat anyway. It's excellent for a 'deep clean' and really helped remove my dead skin cells, leaving me with less dry skin. It feels amazing when you use it and I would really recommend it to everyone, I think it's my current favourite scrub! This is priced at £13.00


I saved the best 'till last! To summarise what this is, I'd say it's a glass tub of wonderfulness- no, honestly! In actual fact it's a 'sleeping mask' (something I had never previously heard of). Words cannot express my love for this product... I use it every single night with my Drops Of Youth eye roll on. This range is all about preventing your skin from becoming aged quickly. It retails at £22 which I initially thought was quite pricey considering how small the tub is. Now, however, I would say that it is worth every penny. The first time I tried this product, I hated it. It felt so sticky and itchy on my face. I definitely applied too much, so make sure you put on a thin coat. I apply it before I go to bed, with clean skin, I then wash it off in the morning. It has the strangest consistency and (as the name suggests, is bouncy)- i.e. it goes back into it's original shape. It leaves my skin feeling really clean, plump and full of life.

I honestly love all of these products and the more I use them, the more I love them. I'd really recommend giving them a go! I'm so sorry for the inconsistent posts guys, but thank you so much for reading!

20 comments:

  1. Great review and products

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the package haha, it's so beautiful!

    love, Turn it inside out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing the Bouncy Sleeping Mask everywhere and it looks amazing, I so want to try it but I'm not sure I'm willing to pass over £22 for it, although I'll probably take the plunge soon.

    Emily | emfranced

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of buying all those items and now i think i definitely will!

    Clare | www.clare-without-an-i.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging has already drawn me in, is that shallow? Haha

    Hannah xx

    Hannah | Granite City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying to try the bouncy sleep mask! My skin loves the body shop.

    Beautiful blog xx
    bartlett-pair.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of a sleeping mask before, does it not rub off if you roll over in your sleep? I'm such a fidgeter haha! Like the idea of the eye roll on, I'm really into eye creams and serums at the moment and I'll always love the body shop!
    cottonandcandie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya,

      I totally get where you're coming from- I'm a fidgeter too! The first time I used it, I over applied it, so it took absolutely ages to dry, and most of it did end up coming off of my face. However, the cream is clear so won't stain your pillow. In my experience, it takes about 10-15 minutes to dry (for a thin coat) and then doesn't smudge.

      Hope that helps :)

      Rikki x

      Delete
  8. I love all The Body Shop scrubs! For it to be your new favourite, I'm so eager to try it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A trip to body shop was pending since some time now.. I think now I'll have to go this weekend to check these out
    -DT
    http://hereiscribble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the scrubs! I'm really curious about the smell too

    love
    Karlien

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I love the body shop. Really need to try the new poppy range. Looks ace.

    Love Sammii Ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I had seen this before I went and grabbed some things yesterday! Really want a night time moisturiser! x

    Through New Eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Body Shop is undoubtedly my favourite place for skincare products! Everything is so natural and their offers are great too. I'll definitely be trying out their bouncy sleep mask!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post as usual :) Iove your way of taking photos, they always turn out great

    I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award! good luck, the rules and all the details are up on my blog royallyrouge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    Love & Hugs
    Frances xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Body Shop and so excited for this new range! Has anyone else tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I would like invite you to my new blog fetchingfashionandbeauty.blogspot.cz ... this blog is going to be about cosmetics products, tutorials, fashion and traveling as well. So it will be very kind if you visit my new page. Thank you =)
    And u have a nice blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel exactly the same about the body butters, I'd love to try out the Smoky Poppy scent :)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the sound of the sleep mask.. definitely something I'd like to try out next time I'm feeling spendy:) Ps I have the same opinion on body butters..
    Natasha Paris x | natashaparisblog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every body butter I seem to try I get the oily & greasy feeling. So might have to give these a try! Thanks.
    http://sarahsinatra.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete