August 05, 2015

MAVALA*


I love discovering new nail polish brands and recently I was introduced to Mavala. I was kindly sent these polishes but, as always, my opinions are my own! These three very girly shades are perfect for summer. They're very simple and subtle yet are super pretty!





Mavala is a Swedish beauty brand that are primarily known for their polishes, but also sell eye, hands, and face products. These particular polishes are all tiny so are perfect to take travelling with you. However, the obvious problem with this is that there's far less product in each bottle.

All their polishes have really cute, feminine names. This one's Jasmin. It's a very light pink, verging on a nude-y/ peach, and is quite shimmery in the light. It's definitely the lightest shade of them all, and is fairly discrete when applied to the nails, although you can still see it. I do like this shade and I think I'd wear it as a base colour!


 The second shade is Iris. It's a gorgeous lilac colour which is actually very similar to a Models Own shade I have. I really love this shade- it's right up my street! Again, it's quite subtle, but I would definitely wear this shade on it's own. It's very opaque and the colour is saturated with just one coat.

Finally, I was given Petunia, another pink shade. This one is different to every other shade I own. I wouldn't usually purchase a colour like this myself, but I do really like it! It's girly but not too 'in-your-face'. It's a very versatile shade that could be worn with any outfit on any occasion!


I really love the consistency of all 3 polishes- they apply so well. They're also long wearing and fast drying. They retail at £4.75 each at Boots, which I think is very reasonable considering the amazing quality!

I want to say a big thank you to Rachel for kitting me out with these gorgeous shades, I love them and can't wait to wear them on holiday!

10 comments:

  1. These are such beautiful shades and I could see myself wearing all of them!
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are so pretty!

    Sonam - http://fashtasticflare.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review- Just to let you know, the brand is Swiss and not Swedish as you can see on the page you addet or on the polish bottle..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks for letting me know... I was really exhausted when I was writing this. How embarrassing!

      Thanks again,
      Rikki xxx

      Delete
  4. The Jasmin one is so pretty Nice review :D

    http://i-amanna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that these polishes are smaller...I always end up chucking out the bigger bottles when there's still a lot left in them cause it goes all thick and messy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore those colours, they are incredible! I have a huge thing for pastel colour nail varnish so it is literally my kind of heaven!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

    ReplyDelete